Our ceramics courses
At Corrie Bain International Ceramics School we offer continuous and intensive courses as well as morning and evening courses on weekdays.
Choose between intensive weekend wheel throwing, intensive week wheel throwing, intensive weekend hand-building, monographic classes, porcelain course, textures course, Korean Buncheong course and others.
Intensive ceramics wheel throwing course
2- or 4-day courses
Acquire the skills and knowledge required to be able to begin throwing on the wheel by yourself. We base our teaching methodology on a technical ” step-by-step approach” and aim to guide you in your own personal style and artistic development.
No previous experience is necessary! We will start at the very beginning: from wedging and preparing clay, centring on the electric wheel, making basic forms and progressing on to more advanced throwing techniques. During the course you will make: functional and traditional forms (cylinders, bowls, cups, plates and vases) and other more playful and artistic pieces (the only limitation is your imagination!).
The philosophy of the school is based on the development of artistic talent using clay as a tool for expression.
TOOLS AND SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
- Latest design of Shimpo Whisper T wheels, a high power and completely silent electric wheel.
- High temperature clay (Stoneware).
- Non-toxic glazes, suitable for daily use of functional pieces for the home or restaurant
- School and facilities provide lots of natural light and a calm and relaxing atmosphere
- Facilities include a large table for hand building, slab roller, spray booth, wedging area, glazing area, and a 300 litre Nabertherm Kiln. Firings, materials and use of tools are included in the price of intensive courses.
- And especially your hands and desire to learn
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM OUR COURSE?
- A unique experience of being in contact with primary elements of nature such as; earth, water, air and fire
- Connection with yourself and other companions on the course.
- Extensive technical knowledge and skills needed to be able to throw independently and get in touch with your creative side.
- First hand contact with artistic ceramics and our unique teaching methodology.
- You can also choose amongst your best pieces and decide if you want to fire them. They will be glazed, fired and once completed you can come and pick them up or we can send them worldwide (shipping fees apply).
- If you like you can form part of our artistic community, with our “newsletters”, wide variety of different courses and experience the world of ceramics.
TO FORMALIZE THE PLACE RESERVATION
- Please complete the contact form and choose the type of course you would like to reserve. Please do not forget to state the desired date for the course in the comment section.
- We will send you an email with the confirmation of your pre-reservation and our bank details.
- Make the corresponding payment by bank transfer.
- Please remember to indicate your first name, surname, and the course you are applying for very clearly, both in the form and in the bank-transfer.
- Once the payment has been received, we will send you the confirmation of reservation by email.